Pin it. Repin it. Like it. Whilst I am still not sure how I feel about Pinterest and the images pinned that are often uncredited, misinterpreted, or shown as something to be copied, to say little of the comments that can be offensive, I do like the links that appear between images I have pinned. Here, today, because it's Monday, are but a few. (Original image credits listed where known at the bottom.)
I 'like' more than I 'pin', it seems. And I spend more time doing so than I ought. Scroll on.
Image credits, top to bottom, left to right, where known:
1. Renato D'Agostin, Shanghai series
2. Miss Mary Drage, Sadler's Wells Ballet company, Decemeber Vogue, 1950. Photograph by Horst P. Horst.
3. A species of fig receives a bi-montly pruning in Managua, Nicaragua, August 1944. Photograph by Luis Marden, National Geographic.
4. Storm Tharp, Spring Picture (Castlemountain), 2012, ink, gouache and gold leaf on paper
5. Image via Sheaff ephemera
8. Fishermen load their catch of sardines into crates on the Adriatic Sea, May 1970, National Geographic
9. Jean-Baptiste-Marie Pierre, La Mauvaise Nouvelle (Bad News), 1740
10. Jozef Wilkon, Tygris, Pipsqueak Press
11. Fashion illustrations by Leopoldina Mela Koehler (1885-1960)
12. Superior Colored Pencils and Chalks, A. W. Faber's Price-List of Superior Colored Pencils, 1897
13. Album Amicorum of a German Soldier (Woman in Mourning), ca. 1595, Italian via the LACMA, Costume and Textiles Department
14. Louis Leakey and his family inspect the campsite of an early hominid in Tanzania, November 1961, National Geographic. Photograph by Robert Sisson.
16. Image via Sheaff ephemera
17. Henri Matisse, Goldfish, 1911
18. Frederick Sandys, Grace Rose (detail), 1866
19. 1964 Czech poster for Les animaux (Frédéric Rossif, France, 1964). Designer: Cenek Prazák (1914-1996).
20. Olga Spessivtseva
21. Audrey Hepburn practicing yoga on the set of Green Mansions, 1958.
22. Nylon airhouses, Life magazine, November 1957
23. Image via becollection
25. Image via vineet kaur
26. Irish Hare, 1956
28. Image via this isn't happiness
(Will flesh out the above as information comes to hand but the task it is not a short one.)